oshs VIII: the ADVANCED old school hack and slash CRPG

A forum dedicated to the OSHS game, Edits, bugs and fixes will be found here. Guest can view board, but must register to post in board.

Moderators: Kings of the Land, Town Guards, Captain of the Guards

oshs VIII: the ADVANCED old school hack and slash CRPG

Postby outlander78 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi folks.

oshs - Old School Hack & Slash - is my computer game, written to scratch the gaming itch for people who enjoyed early SSI and Nintendo RPGs.

This is my first "advanced" release, dividing race from class, and includes random quest generation. Along with the six hand-written quests are another 35 randomly-generated ones, providing a great deal of replayability.

The game is written in Java (http://java.com/en), and will run fine on Windows or Linux. If Java is installed properly on your system, you should be able to simply unzip the jar file and double-click to run it. The other way is to type "java -jar oshs8.jar" in a command prompt window.

Features:
- 40+ quests
- 7 races (dwarf, elf, gnome, half-elf, half-orc, halfling, human)
- 11 classes (assassin, cleric, druid, fighter, kensai, magic-user, monk, paladin, ranger, swashbuckler, thief)
- 485 items
- 200 monsters
- 168 spells

cheers,
Andrew
Attachments
oshs8.zip
(3.09 MiB) Downloaded 297 times
Try my old school computer game, oshs (Old School Hack and Slash), and let me know what you think. (Updated November, 2013)

This is my MOD VOICE OSR Forums Terms of use
outlander78
Town Guards
Town Guards

Re: oshs VIII: the ADVANCED old school hack and slash CRPG

Postby dmdwayne » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Well, there goes what little free time I had.
dmdwayne
Town Guards
Town Guards

Random:: Member

Return to oshs (Old School Hack and Slash)